HALCYON ARMSTRONG CREEK LAUNCH SUCCESS
The first release of land at Halcyon Armstrong Creek saw exceptional demand with purchasers camping overnight to secure their selected blocks.
With a planning permit for the site at 2 Harriott Road, Armstrong Creek issued by the City of Greater Geelong in October, the first blocks released to market saw eager buyers quick to respond to the launch announcement and secure their block.
15 blocks were released with 9 blocks contracted within the first 30 minutes. Buyers were predominantly from the local area with a mix of first home buyers, upgraders and some keen investors securing lots.
Blocks starting from $213,000 provided an affordable entry point for first home buyers. Jesse White, purchaser of Lot 130, has been working two jobs to save for his new home and came straight from his graduation at Flight Centre to ensure he was able to secure his preferred block.
‘There’s a lot of demand for reasonably priced land in a good location such as this so i was willing to camp out so i wouldn’t miss out’ noted Jesse.
Following the successful launch weekend where 12 of 15 blocks were sold, the Stage 1B release was fast tracked to market seeing a further 10 purchasers quick to secure a lot.
With 659 lots directly opposite existing shopping, education and sporting facilities and bordering the picturesque Sparrovale wetlands, Halcyon Armstrong Creek will be home to more than 1800 residents on completion.
The community will be delivered by Jinding Developments via a joint venture with Yolk Property Group and landowners the Harkness family.
Read recent media coverage related to Halcyon Armstrong Creek:
- 7NEWS: Victorian property market boost
- AUSTRALIAN FINANCIAL REVIEW : First home buyers surge back as market rises
- THE URBAN DEVELOPER : Jinding Launches 659 Lots in Geelong
- URBAN.COM.AU : New housing development aims to cater to significant population growth anticipated for Geelong
- URBAN.COM.AU : First home buyers camp overnight to secure affordable property in Geelong
- THE ASEAN DEVELOPER : New $178 million housing development launched to meet demands in Greater Geelong
- SURF COAST TIMES : Development envisages halcyon days in Armstrong Creek
- REALESTATE.COM.AU : New Armstrong Creek estate to launch as building gets underway at city’s highest point
- THEREALESTATECONVERSATION.COM.AU : First home buyers camp their way into the property market